It’s very easy to get to Canazei, whether by car or another form of transport.
- The main route to Canazei is the Brennero Motorway, at the Ora/Egna exit. From the San Lugano pass, the SS48 Strada Statale delle Dolomiti leads first to the Val di Fiemme area and then on to Val di Fassa: Moena, Soraga, Vigo, Pozza, Mazzin, Campitello and Canazei.
- Val di Fassa can be reached from Trento via the Cembra and Valfloriana Valleys (SS12) which emerge first in Val di Fiemme.
- From the Bolzano Nord exit (SS241), follow the Great Dolomite Road leads from the Costa Lunga Pass to Vigo di Fassa. From here, the road carries on to Canazei.
- From the Venezia/Ponte delle Alpi motorway (A27), take the exit at Belluno and follow directions to Agordo (SS203), continue towards Falcade and cross the San Pellegrino Pass (SS346) to reach Moena. From here, continue towards Canazei.
The stations nearest to Val di Fassa and therefore the village of Canazei are Ora, Bolzano and Trento.
These stations can be reached from Val di Fassa thanks to a bus service provided by Trentino Trasporti and SAD.
The main links for moving in and around the valley are:
- The Trentino Trasporti and SAD bus service which covers the whole area and connects Val di Fassa to the nearby cities of Trento and Bolzano. Tickets can be purchased beforehand at the ticket office or on the bus.
- Autolinee Granturismo, which provides links to the main Italian cities all year round.
Transfer service from the major airports and railway stations to Val di Fassa and Val di Fiemme.
More info: www.fiemmefassaexpress.com.
The airports nearest to Val di Fassa are Bolzano Airport (86 km from Canazei), Verona Valerio Catullo Airport (198 km from Canazei) and Venice Marco Polo Airport (22 km from Canazei).